Thursday 4 February 2016

BE MY 1970s VALENTINE

THOUGHT FOR TODAY – MUST REMEMBER TO SORT OUT SOMETHING FOR VALENTINES DAY!!!

Even after all these years, I won’t get away lightly in my darling wife’s books if I forget : )

Maybe I can surprise her with a retro 1970s themed dinner?


A romantic dinner will also need some romantic music methinks - Then I have a brainwave!  Why don’t I download all the tracks that would have been at No1 on Valentines Day throughout the 1970's, to play as romantic background music – Eureka!!!

1970 - Edison Lighthouse - "Love Grows (Where my Rosemary goes) "
1971 - George Harrison - "My Sweet Lord"
1972 - T Rex - "Telegram Sam"
1973 - Sweet - "Blockbuster"
1974 - Mud - "Tiger Feet"
1975 - Pilot - "January"
1976 - Slik - "Forever and Ever"
1977 - Julie Covington - "Don't Cry For Me Argentina"
1978 - Brotherhood of Man - "Figaro"
1979 - Blondie - "Heart of Glass"

Okay, so maybe a couple of the tracks are questionable with regards to being 'romantically themed' and 1973 and 1974 may be pushing the boundaries just a little too much but hopefully she won’t notice and will still appreciate all the efforts I have gone to.  I was still thinking this was all going quite well, right up until I reached 1979!!!

Once I had a love and it was a gas
Soon turned out had a heart of glass
Seemed like the real thing, only to find
Mucho mistrust, love's gone behind

Yikes – Not the best lyrics for a romantic evening!!! – Oh well, back to the drawing board : )

Image result for blondie heart of glassImage result for sweet blockbusterImage result for mud tiger feetImage result for brotherhood of man figaro

No comments:

Post a Comment